We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Welcome to Seussville! Part 4

I had a lot of fun with the food and dessert planning of the Seussville Party! I found so many ideas on blogs that I wanted to try, but with me not knowing how to cook... I had to simplify. Here is the table spread Seuss-fully food! I tried to be creative with the names: One Fish, Two Fish {Goldfish and Swedish Fish}, Green Deviled Eggs and Ham {really bacon sprinkled on top of deviled eggs}, 'You can eat them anywhere Veggie Cups, Fruit from the Truffula Forest, Cheese and Meat Crackers for Chewy Chewing, and Cat in the Hat Marshmallow Pops. And the cupcakes... The stars of the party! I made three cupcakes with themes from The Cat in the Hat {the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2} and Green Eggs and Ham.
The Cat in the Hat Cupcakes: Chocolate Fudge cupcakes with chocolate icing {I tried to make it look like spiky hair} and for the hat I used a white chocolate bar {I searched all of Austin for white chocolate Reece's Peanut Butter Cups to make the brim, but sadly they are very rare or very popular and are sold out as so as stores get a shipment in} with stacks of Cherry and Mint Life Savers held up by a short lollipop stick.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 Cupcakes: Strawberry cupcakes {I used red food coloring to make the cupcakes as red as possible} and Blue Vanilla icing to make the Things wild hair {Again, the search was on for blue cotton candy but... the same sweet tooths that enjoy white Reece's Peanut Butter Cups bought up all the cotton candy.} I added blue sugar sprinkles to add some wild :)
Green Eggs and Ham: Vanilla cupcakes with green vanilla icing shapes like eggs with yellow M&Ms for the yolks and a Strawberry candy that reminded me of ham. They kind of look like owls to me but at midnight the night before the party, I let it go. {Those of you who know my OCD would know that is a big step for me.} I also had Candy Bar of red, white and blue sweet treats - 'Oh, the Candy we can eat!' and 'Oh, the FUN we had eating!'

No comments:

Post a Comment