We are a family who enjoys livin' on the edge!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Go GREEN!

Merritt and I having been going GREEN this month! One activity that I have always loved doing in the classroom; I brought home to do with Merritt for Day 2 of our St. Patrick's Day countdown. Bell Pepper painting! I cut the bell peppers in half {they make the perfect shamrock shape} and let Merritt 'stamp it up.' She loved switching between the different colors, I used green, yellow, and lime green, to decorate her shamrock. Of course, now almost ever craft we do, she asks "Mommy can we add glitter please." After the paint dried, I cut out the shamrock and added it to her craft wall. We also been learning about Leprechauns, Shamrocks, and Pots of Gold in her books. She has added them to her night-night books and will read them to us before she goes to bed. On Day 6, we painted and counted shamrocks {I am really trying to work on Merritt staying within the lines - she does well paint but when this girl gets a crayon in her hand, she is all over the place!}.
Next week is Spring Break- so excited to see our playgroup friends for a St. Pat's Day Picnic!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! We are doing similar activities. Lele is having a great time too. Can't wait to see you guys next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share - I look to you and Jen for the BEST ideas!!

    ReplyDelete